They’re old school but still cool. Every card you hand out is an opportunity to make a new client. Are yours giving them the right message?
Business cards are a specialty at Jasper Design. We know you can pay peanuts for these essential business tools but if you spend a little extra you can have business cards that reflect your image. You can convey to your existing and potential customers the same quality and care you put into your business.
Small changes can make a big impact when designing your business cards:
- Change the orientation or size of your business card
- Change the shape by using a die-cut - a business card for a baker could be in the shap of a biscuit
- Print on both sides of the card - why waste all that space? Use the back of your card to list your products, services or particular specialisation so that people will be reminded of what you can offer them long after they’ve met you.
- Add a photograph - It helps your prospect to put a name to a face. If you made a great first impression when you met them, they’re much more likely to pick up the phone and make contact.
- Use a different textured card. Ask your printer for samples of different stock.
- Make sure they fit within your corporate branding. This means using your business colours and typography to make them instantly recognisable.
Potential marketing avenues are very diverse now. Gone are the days when you would check the local paper or yellow pages for a service or product. Today we do a quick Google search on our smart phones to find what we’re looking for. But traditional marketing values aren’t yet obsolete. In this modern fast-paced world of business we mustn’t forget the value of some of the ‘older’ techniques. Direct mail marketing, the giving of business cards and telesales are still hugely popular. Why? Because they still work.
Read our article on Why Business Cards Mean Business
Check out our Business Card Gallery for some ideas